Followers of Jesus across the globe and across the centuries have arranged their lives in certain ways to help them grow closer to God. We need to do the same. And yet we are all unique; each one of us has specific pathways that lead us to growth. As a church, we plan to spend the summer exploring a few important questions related to our spiritual growth:
- What does it look like in our ordinary lives to grow in the grace and knowledge of Jesus?
- What kinds of things might we include - or not include - in our lives in order to stay close to God?
- How do we rearrange our lives so that we can grow spiritually?
- What is the goal of spiritual growth?
- Practically, in the midst of our very full lives, how do we make room for the things that deeply connect us to God?
Our hope is that as our teachers pull back the curtain on our lives, we will encourage you to continue to engage in certain actions that help you grow. For some of you, we will encourage you to re-engage things you’ve let slide. And for others, we want to encourage you to start - for the very first time - to rearrange your lives with the intention of growing closer to God right in the midst of our ordinary days.