This Week: CHAOS & BIGhouse!
Posted on 11/17/2020 1:19:00 PM
CHAOS (Junior High)
CHAOS // TOMORROW, Nov 18 @ 7pm
- VIRTUAL ON YOUTUBE HERE // No in person CHAOS. This will be the last night of CHAOS until January 20, 2021.
- HOW TO BE A BAD FRIEND // Carter Moore, Elliot Tensen & Brad Hillebrand will be wrapping up our series focusing on the power & influence of the friends you spend the most time with. What if Jesus was your common bond in friendships?
- SMALL GROUPS // Leaders will be contacting their students about meeting virtually via Zoom, Facetime, GoogleHangout, etc. Brenna Lantz will also be hosting a small group for any student after CHAOS via Zoom HERE.
- LAST WEEK // If YouTube crashes worldwide again (like it did last week 😉 -- watch CHAOS last week HERE), you’ll find us HERE on Facebook Live.
CHRISTMAS BASIC // THIS THURS, Nov 19 @ 7pm
- VIRTUAL ONLY // Join us on basicworship.org/live, Youtube Live, or Facebook Live.
- IT’S NOT CHRISTMAS? // BASIC, our college-age & young adult community, is hosting virtual “Christmas BASIC” and we want to invite YOU to join us! Yeah, yeah -- it’s not even Thanksgiving yet… but let’s face it -- most of you already have your Christmas tree up.😉
- JOIN US // Gather your family, grab a cozy blanket, warm up hot chocolate, and listen to 5 students share their faith journeys -- including one of our CHAOS interns, Jasmine Trumblee! It’s going to be a special night -- full of His hope -- together.
IMPORTANT THINGS TO NOTE:
- LOVE BOXES // Wahoo!!! Yay!!! We hit our goal of providing 15 love boxes for Cedar Valley Angels -- an organization that walks alongside foster care families. We are so proud of our students & their families for serving others in this way during this hard time. (See pic below!)
- CHAOS IN DECEMBER // Although we won’t have “normal” CHAOS, please pay attention to our social media for fun opportunities!
- SPOTIFY // We have absolutely LOVED worshiping with your students this semester -- wow, the Spirit of the Lord is so present as we jump, dance, and sing together. (Especially during the ‘hey, hey’ song...we dare you to play THIS SONG & see what happens.) Click HERE for our Spotify playlist if you are looking for tunes to fill your home with!
- WE LOVE YOU // As always --- we are praying for you. If your family is in need of any assistance that our churches can provide you with during this time -- please don’t hesitate to reply to this email, call Orchard Hill (319.266.9796) or call Nazareth Lutheran (319-266-7589).
Links for last blog that NOW work:
- DISCIPLINE: CHAOS exists to help create space for Jesus to transform the lives of Junior High Students. To continue to do that to the best of our abilities -- we have implemented a plan to help with discipline at CHAOS.
- EMOTION WHEEL: Recently we have been using this tool as we have conversations with students & leaders. We wanted to pass it along as we think it’s a valuable resource for YOU as parents. We are cheering you on as you navigate hard decisions & convos with your students.
BIGhouse (High School)
For the most up-to-date information regarding BIGhouse, please follow us on Facebook or Instagram (@bighouseCF)!
We love to hear from you! Feel free to directly respond to this blog if you have questions or encouraging stories to share!
Register or sign your student (or a new friend) for a small group: Register HERE!
BIGhouse Family Groups
High School Students -- get signed up for a Family Group today! Register HERE