Watch These Training Videos
What Is a Life Group HOST?
- HEART: Have a HEART for people! (your church, neighbor, city)
- OPEN: Be willing to OPEN a place to meet in your home of somewhere else.
- SERVE: Be willing to SERVE simple snacks during each group*
- TUNE IN: Turn on the video OR TUNE IN to the provided material
* Keep the snack simple so members will think, “I could host at my house sometime”
How Do I prepare?
- Prepare the space - Have space for everyone to sit, that's comfortable and clean.
- Message your Life group members: Do this the week before your group meets: Include:
- Let them know you are glad they are coming.
- Give them a rough schedule of what to expect.
- Make sure they know the details, when you are meeting, the address and where to park, etc.
- Greet people - Focus on each person when they come in the door. Tell them you are glad they came.
How Do I Find People?
The Five F’s are a HOST’s Guide to finding people for a LIfe Group. We believe the people who belong in your group are already in your life.
- Friends - Who are your friends? Do you have people you would like to spend more time with? Who are the friends you would like to learn more about?
- Family - Do you have a brother, aunt or cousin you would like to have good conversations with? Invite them to be part of your LIfe Group. (Remember, these are people who bring you life).
- Factory- Is there anyone at work you look forward to talking with? Do you have colleagues that seem interested in talking with you?
- Fun - What do you do for fun and who do you do it with? Do you garden, fix cars, sew, quilt, knit, scuba dive, drink coffee, cook, play softball or pickle ball with someone fun and interesting?
- Fellowship - These are people from church. These may be the people you sit by on Sunday mornings, or serve on a team like with. These might be people you meet in groups like Starting Point or Get to Know Membership. Would you like to know any of these people better?
Have questions? Contact Karla Chestnut at firstname.lastname@example.org.